Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Varied Intentions

It's funny how every single person perceives every single thing so differently. I, for one, am tired of explaining myself over and over again. It's not just about taste, or how subjective looks are. It's the very reason, the purpose for which you want to, or wish to attain, or procure the object of your desire.

I intend very strongly to get myself the Hyosung Comet GT250 quarter-litre sportsbike. Compared to the fuel-injected single pot Pulsar I ride, it has 50% more power, slightly more torque, but more importantly, a whole extra cylinder, in a V to top it all off. My mother asked me - Where would I ride it? What would I do with 30 horsepower? Where can I go fast? The list of questions is endless..

I know I cannot ride fast everywhere. I also know I'll never reach half my top speed 90% of the time I ride her. But the way I see it is, I move 50% faster everywhere. When I start her up, I travel from my parking spot to my exit gate at twice the speed. It's the thrill, not the practicality! I don't want to go 150 kilometres an hour! What I want, is to hit 40 kph instantly, and hear the scream of a glorious twin cylinder sportsbike that I have craved for so long, something that Indian bikes so far have lacked abysmally. The Ninja 250R is too expensive for me. I've had my go at it. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, it made my Christmas last year with it's screams tearing through my ears in the middle of the afternoon as I ripped open that throttle. Hell, it made me even want to go out and get one! But I just couldn't!

I also said that if I ever got a Ducati superbike (which in all probability would be the '05 Desmo RR..) I would, almost certainly, take her out twice a year. The rest of the time, I'd stare longingly at her, appreciating the fact that she is indeed one of the finest works of Italian art. Of course, this would be after I'd somehow managed to get her up the stairs, through my house, and into my bedroom. She doesn't deserve roads like we have. I'd protect her like my little baby, and would feed her and clean her all she needed. That's just how it is.

It's not about how fast I can go... It's about how much faster I can go fast!

No comments: