Sunday, October 6, 2019

Faceless Dreams

They haunt me. Faceless figures.
I see them. I yearn for them.
To feel their touch, their embrace,
their hand in mine.

I glance around. There's no one.
Just us.
Yet, I do not see you.
For I don't know who you are.

I know what I want.
I may not know where I'm headed,
but I know exactly what it is I want;
more than anything else.
To see you. To hold you.
And for you to want to hold me too.

That is what eludes me.
I'm not here to play games.
Or to mess around.
I'm here to fulfil my heart's wish to not be alone.
To be here with you
and for you to want no more than to be with me.

Love is strange.
It doesn't knock.
It doesn't make a sound.
It just is.
And sometimes, voiceless, it dies.
Not here.
I give it a voice.
Often at the cost of sanity.
For then, even if it isn't heard.
It dies with me.
Once more.

No comments: