Friday, May 14, 2021

The Wait

Like thoughts over our good judgement,
clouds graze over the sky so blue
For only a moment, we lose focus of the truth,
as it steals from us the glance of its hue

Oh, may the day never come
when I don't watch on your face the sun rise
Spreading with it a joy for me so true,
it's outdone only when I drown in your eyes

Winter comes and spreads its touch so cold
through darker eve and longer night
Summer may blaze the days away
but your presence through it all brings respite

I've waited long, through heartache's downpour
wondering ever so often time and again
If it's time to give up? To let go and fall free
Or it is just another passing spell of rain

Yet that waiting, the times gone by,
have all seemingly, now, finally borne fruit
For till my last breath of my time here,
in this brief life, I wish to live in truth

Thus I say through all the glory of creation,
and through all the mesmerising detail so fine
Nothing hath bested the warmth of your touch,
and the feeling of your hand in mine

No comments: