Monday, September 3, 2007

Bikes and... more bikes!

My first blog! Hmmm.. Have to make sumthin meaninful of it... Let's see... Road tests, rides and personal reviews seem to be a good start...! But before I get to the details, a lil about me... A simple lil guy from a bustling small town, ridden everything on 2 wheels this country has to offer... A passion for music, engines and computers has fuelled me all my life. Been goin solo for a couple of dozen years now :) That's why this blog is "The Diary Of Insanity.. eh, Insaanity! Yeah, the insane insaan, wot else can I say... Anyway, enuf abt me, let's get started...

What do I look for? The overall package has to appeal to me more than anything. The engine forms a major part of this package, mind you. I would NOT want to be the guy stuck with a Karizma cos "it looks good". (Yeah, rite! Looks are subjective, The Apache, now that's sculpted beauty in my eyes!) The Yamaha YZF-R1 will always be the most beautiful machine ever conceptualised...

Power and response come second. I would not mind trading a decent amount of fuel economy for power! A Triumph Rocket III or an R1? Hmmm... tough choice... Though a choice between a Karizma or Pulsar 200 is a no-brainer, the Pulsar get's my vote! (220, nah, that's just to make fun of the Zma!!) Apache RTR160 or Pulsar 200? Now that's a dilemma!

My ride is a June 2005 edition Royal Enfield Thunderbird A350. A Karizma was never an option, the P180 Black wasn't there then, nor was the Avenger, THANK GOD! (I was eagerly awaiting the "Eliminator DTS-i", which I kept asking the dealers about. Turns out the original moniker had a lot to do with how I felt about the bike. Now, Avenger is like something plain ordinary... Yes, Birdman and Avenger makes more sense than ever now, for those who know the old cartoon superhero and his feathered sidekick! I do not regret my decision whatsoever...

This was just the ruffling of feathers. The good stuff is yet to come!!

No comments: