Monday, September 3, 2007

Sylvia

Sylvia, that's her name. She personifies elegance, character and poise. The comfort and "feel good" factor made me single out what I wanted to be with. A bike I had the pleasure to swing a leg over at launch, exactly 3 years before I claimed her as my own. My mind was pretty made up right then. The problem was it's acquisition. Ah, motivation. The motivation to work!

2 years of midnight suffering was all it took, and I stand today the proud owner of the finest cruiser I can imagine, apart from her elder, now discontinued sister, the Lightning 535. Hmmm... She was one fine creation she was!

350cc, 18bhp and 27Nm don't add up to good fuel economy, but she delivers, and how! 35kpl overall is perfectly ok with me. Every ride I take, every destination reached and every road trundled give me immense satisfaction, more so because I feel one with the machine. I know there are a lot more rides to come, and many more roads to experience the joy of journeying. I look forward to them all.

Right then... Life isn't just about cruising. There's speeding and peg-scraping to do too, apart from a myriad of stunts that get the adrenaline rushing. From what I rode, the Apache RTR160 and the 2 big Pulsars (200 & 220) were excellent rides, that offer amazing handling and feel. (Oh yes, the Apache was telepathic!). That's all good then, but now comes the difficult part - choose ONE!

No comments: