Friday, September 10, 2010

Lessons

It happens at times. You walk as you have for many years. You see the same things everyday. You wish they were different. They change with you. Over the years. Like the kid seeing the caterpillars everyday, and then a little older seeing butterflies.

Sometimes you wish you had stayed in touch. To watch the caterpillar grow, then get caught up in itself. Then break free. Sometimes, you wonder how and why you didn't bother to step closer, and just stay there. Things change rapidly at times, while at times the transition is unbearable. But the better is always out there, and that makes the bad seem good. Which is what this is all about. Making the best of what we have, in this moment, and we find what grieves us, or then again, realise if it was just a notification, telling us that something great has just happened, or is going to happen. We all realise it at some point, it's just that some do it a tad too late. What is important is that we realise what that is, and what we are supposed to be aware of as we grow, transitioning from little worms that we all are, then going into the cocoon, and finally breaking free.

Like I said before, we learn something everyday. We just need to realise what that lesson is. Then again, some days, we learn a lot in one go, and try to hold onto as much as humanly possible. Each lesson learned is important. Everytime I think about something that bothered me ages ago, my thoughts aren't the same, and neither my reactions. I'm happy to pick and choose lessons, apart from also realising there are things I've learned that I should've learned a long time ago, but then again, better late than never.

Today, I made a new friend. An old friend I should've had a long time ago.

No comments: