Sunday, June 6, 2010

1

1 more push. Out I come.
In just 1 second, she's my Mum.
Amidst the cries, I open my eyes.
1 first glance towards the blue skies.
1 year later, 1 birthday cake.
1 more occassion in which I partake.
1 year slowly, but surely, goes by.
1 more reason for me not to cry.
Out in the open, little girls and boys.
Some running helter-skelter, while some play with toys.
In that 1 moment, 1 new friend.
1 more proof, the world has no end.
We grow up together, 1 group of us all.
We chase 1 another, we rise and we fall.
1 year, it's time to move.
Cos Dad has a point he just has to prove.
Now amidst new surroundings, new people and places.
With no strength to take in all the new faces.
I settle down, and make friends with 1 dog.
From all the animals around me, even a cat and a frog..
My days go by 1 at a time.
Soon it's the day for that 1 bell to chime.
1 moment of truth, I seemed like such a pest.
Till Father said, "Congratulations, you've passed the test.
Welcome to your new school, you'll have fun here."
I smiled contently, as Mum wiped a tear.
1 by 1 the years went by.
10 years later it was goodbye.
I made friends - not 1, not 2..
I'm very pleased to say, quite a few.
Which stream would I pick, the 1 that would define.
A fitting future to this life of mine.
1 mistake was all it took.
Not a king, nor bishop, I stood the rook.
1 piece makes all the difference, makes the count.
More odds and mountains, I felt I would not surmount.
Yet here I am years down the line.
People ask me how I'm doin, I smile and say "Fine.."
Cos the path I walk, may not be the 1 I chose.
I'm sure not every flower out there would like to be a rose.
Cos that's what makes this life what it's worth.
The colors we have on our beautiful planet Earth.
1 color can never define life.
1 moment can never count as strife.
They'll be many more, good and bad, they say.
I nod, sometimes agree, but go my own way.
And now I see the things I've learned.
Are way more important than the money I've earned.
1 small lesson you learn everyday.
Makes you realise your reason to stay.
1 drop of rain, when you feel it first.
Is sometimes enough to quench your lifelong thirst.
1 soft word from 1 near and dear.
Can wipe away a lifetime of fear.
What seems impossible, a threatening constant.
Is blown to bits in 1 very instant.
1 person you never even knew was there.
Suddenly becomes a reason to wake up and makes you aware
the world is just 1 place we all have to share.
I remember this in times of good and despair.
I wish not to lose anyone, not even 1.
Cos everyone's there for a reason - to learn, or maybe just for fun!
I used to believe there's no fate but what we make.
We make our fate, it's something we cannot break.
1 year ago, had someone told me I'd drive a V8,
I'd laugh and cry together, considering my state.
But now I know life can take a turn.
It may not be marked, like a detour, I'd learn.
Cos when the road ends, and the end seems near.
I learned it's not that hard, just shift down 1 gear.
There's every reason to be happy with what life throws your way.
It's our choice to adapt, or stare at it in dismay.
1 more thought can trigger a chain of events.
1 action done right can draw so many compliments.
1 more fight is all that you should see.
1 more punch when it matters spells victory.
It may seem the odds are stacked against you.
But amidst all those, is that 1 light so true.
No darkness can hold back what to you is dear.
Like the mirrors say, objects may be closer than they appear.
When what you need most, seems to be far too distant.
Fret not, with true power, you're there in 1 instant.
But finally, I realise I should be through.
I started off explaining the moments the way I saw them as I grew.
However, only 1 reason pushed me to write up this post.
1 person I barely know, is now 1 I treasure the most.

1 comment:

Abhi... said...

Love it, admire it, understood it.....well done