Sunday, June 27, 2010

Love - with no strings attached.

That, is the tagline for the movie Kites - a movie so amazing, so well-made, so ahead of it's time by Indian standards - it drew gruesome reviews from a bunch of journalists who only know left and right, black and white. Geez, I surprised myself there, I only thought of my created cube back then. But this, the color spectrum, there are 42.9 billion ways to see things - and that's not a random number mind you.. It's 2 raised to the power 32.

Enough of that. What I saw in the movie, what I realised. No interrupting songs, no unnecessary ancillary footage, just the point. One key point that went through my head during the shadow puppet scene, was that languages are such a barrier. There are infinite ways of expressing yourself - actions, music, nature, or just plain facial expressions. Life does not need to be defined within a set of boundaries, it's only when you truly break free that you live. More so about love. If you see love within a pre-defined notion - you'll never know what it truly is. There's billions of other ways to see things, and I'm glad I have chosen to do so.

Kudos to the Roshans. I appreciate all the efforts they have made in creating a masterpiece of Indian cinema. Too bad, the masses won't appreciate it, but then again, even art isn't. Show an average movie goer a Porsche 911 Turbo, and he'll say, "What, just two seats?" Where will my father-in-law and his grandfather sit?". Yes. Porsche didn't think of that either. And they never will. Because they don't have to.

Completely off-topic again. But hey, a work of art, will always have it's share of appreciators. There is art in everything, you just need to capture it the right way.

No comments: