Friday, June 25, 2010

Moonrays.

As I woke up in the morning,
and opened my eyes
to the new day dawning..
I failed to realise
what for me the day was preparing..
Sun rays hit my blinding eyes..
Pure as ever, never in disguise..

Off to work, the last day of the week..
Happy I am for the cars I drive,
and the people to whom I speak.
The day would be long, that I knew..
Little did I know, the evening in store,
is only enjoyed by a few..

For that night, I met someone new..
Her smile was sweet and and her eyes were true..
I knew nothing of it,
and laughed along the way..
But my smiles and laughter,
had a lot more to say..

The eve went well and dinner was great..
What I missed was the smiling face of fate.
Late at night, my phone made a familiar sound,
but what I read, made me almost dance around..

I mention not that single line..
that in four little words would define..
the change of a lifetime, so awaited..
I closed my eyes, with a breath so bated.

Sunday, so aptly named, came along..
To a new friend's home, for lunch we would throng..
The people I met, made my day..
So many new faces, I knew were going to stay..

Off in the rain, amidst laughs and tears,
new friends were made, and conquered were fears..
Driving from one end of town to the other we were..
But twas so much fun, as I shifted up a gear..

The evening progressed ever so pleasantly..
From hard rock to soundtracks, ever so lively..
I'd forgotten not those four little words..
I wished to make them so much more revered..

Confused I was, in these matters, an illiterate soul..
Working up courage, I decided to roll..
ATM vestibule talk apart,
I let go of my mind,
and thought with my heart..

Out on the balcony, wet from the rain..
The pressure of the moment driving me insane..
I looked up at the sky, and saw the moon.
Hidden behind the clouds, bright,
like a midnight afternoon..

From behind those, came rays so bright..
Twas so beautiful, everything felt right..
Moonrays, I'd never seen them before..
I guess they only make their presence felt,
when you know there's only good times galore..

A cure they were, the moonrays played their part..
A fitting cure, healing my bleeding heart.
Which for years on end, dripped away...
A dam I felt would burst some day..

I never imagined how soon twould come my way..
About damn time, is all I had to say..
There I was, in this moment so true,
I knew it then, it had to be you..

3 comments:

Natasha said...

u mister.....are simply awesum...doesnt come often from me...buh brilliant

melissa said...

....*dumbstruck*...lol;)

Me and My Thoughts said...

u changed the ending....